Dreading your residential move in Cleveland? That’s completely understandable. Relocating on its own is hard work. Coupled with obligations like work and family, it can be nearly impossible to have enough time or energy to plan and perform a drama-free move. Even if you’re able to tackle everything, you’ll most likely be completely drained by the end. That’s why it’s worth hiring a home and apartment moving company to assist.
The key is finding a mover that’s trustworthy, skilled and professional. That’s where Cheap Movers Cleveland comes in. We can help you find reputable Cleveland movers. The process couldn’t be easier: request quotes, compare rates, and select services. Every company we work with is fully insured and licensed. Contact us today to see how much you can save on a variety of top-rated moving services!
Moving Services From Cleveland Moving Companies
Every move presents a unique set of challenges. We can help you source just the right residential moving services to fit your needs in Cleveland, OH.
- Full-service moving: If your moving budget allows, don’t hesitate to select this service! From beginning to end, every aspect of your relocation can be quickly and expertly planned, managed and accomplished. Without a doubt, this is the least painful moving method. What could be better than having someone else do all the boxing, packing, loading, and driving for you?
- Moves by the hour: Moving in-town but don’t require full-scale moving services? If your relocation is less demanding, consider hourly moving as opposed to flat moving rates. Enjoy savings when your budget is tight, and you don’t have a lot of stuff to move.
- Apartments: Thinking about renting a moving truck from U-Haul or Penske and tackling an apartment move yourself? Before you do that, contemplate the risks. It is tiring and challenging to carry cumbersome furniture up and down long hallways, steep stairways, and other obstacles. The chance for injury and property damage is high. Pro apartment movers can offer a much better experience.
- Condos: The cities of Cleveland and Akron are home to some great condominiums. While they may be beautiful, it can be tricky to move into one. Fortunately, Cheap Movers Cleveland can pair you with a moving company that specializes in moves just like yours.
- House moves: With over 2000 square feet of space, the average American home is quite roomy. With that roomy floorplan, Americans have lots of places to stockpile stuff, which means more belongings to move. Our network of house movers excels at Cleveland house relocations. Every team comes equipped with just the right equipment and know-how to make for a seamless relocation.
- Packing: Have artwork, collectibles or any other delicate valuables that require extra-special attention? Hire a skilled packing crew to properly wrap and box your most cherished belongings. With their expert service, you can have peace of mind that everything will arrive at your new home in its original condition.
- Piano moves: Transporting this large instrument – whether it’s an upright or a grand – is hard work. You want someone that knows exactly what they’re doing. Entrust your prized piano with one of our highly experienced moving specialists.
- Loading/Unloading: So, you’ve decided to DIY your move. That doesn’t mean you can’t use a hand or two with all the hefty lifting. Save your back by allowing Cheap Movers Cleveland to find you a team that can make easy work of loading and unloading your rental truck.
Prepping And Planning For Your Relocation
Use the following checklist to ensure a successful move without too many issues:
Two Months Ahead Of Move
- Prepare in advance. Book your move during the moving offseason (fall through early spring) for better rates and flexibility.
- Tour your home. Examine your home. Take note of what each room contains. This will help you determine what you want to hang onto or get rid of.
- Compare and hire moving services. Movers can book up quickly, so don’t procrastinate. Make sure they’re properly licensed and insured.
- Sell, discard or donate stuff. Once you’ve selected items that you longer need or want, have a yard sale or sell online. Donate or discard of the rest.
- Get a hold of personal records. Contact dentists, lawyers, schools, etc. and grab copies of any important documents.
- File a change of address with USPS. Don’t forget this important step! You can do this online or at a local post office.
- Pack early. Box up anything you don’t need access to during the move. Create a checklist and routinely go over it.
1-4 Weeks Ahead Of Move
- Scope out services you need. Make and confirm arrangements for pet sitting, auto transport, and other services.
- Fill prescriptions. During this busy time, don’t forget to grab medications, contact lenses, and other refills.
- End/start home services. Cancel cable, subscriptions and utilities at current residence. Schedule services for new place.
- Take care of insurance policies. Contact insurance company to end current policy and establish one for your future home.
One Week Ahead Of Move
- Get rid of toxic or hazardous materials. Properly dispose of gasoline, paints, motor oil or any other flammable liquids.
- Inspect furnishings. Check furniture for wear/damage. Keep records in case there is a dispute later.
- Deep clean. If you don’t have the time or ability, hire a cleaning crew to return your place to its former glory.
- Make a first night box. Include items that you’ll need the first night in your new home. Make sure it’s easily accessible.
Moving Day Eve
- Prep the appliances. Defrost the freezer and wipe down the interior of the refrigerator. Clean microwaves, toasters, etc.
- Box any remaining household goods. Look in every room so you don’t forget anything.
- Rest up. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. Eat well and get some decent sleep.
The Day Of The Move
- Be there while movers unload. The moving crew may have some questions, so be present.
- Color code rooms. Make it easier for movers to unload your goods where they need to go.
- Begin to unpack. Start with kitchen, bathroom and any other room that will be used right away.
Don’t leave planning your move until the last minute. Get started with finding movers and get your move on the books! Ask for free quotes from moving companies in Cleveland through Cheap Movers Cleveland.